DOT Drug Test South Plainfield
Safety is the Department of Transportation’s number one priority. A cornerstone of this policy includes ensuring all transportation employees – whether working on the road, rail, water or in the air – are 100% drug and alcohol free.
To enforce this expectation, DOT regulations require all safety-sensitive employees to submit to a DOT drug test in South Plainfield. Fortunately, the process is quick and easy when you choose Astrahealth for these services. Simply stop by our South Plainfield location and supply a urine sample. We test for the presence of marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates and phencyclidine. We notify you once the results arrive, and you have 72 hours to request a second test if you believe there was a false positive. With your consent, we then send verified results to your employer.
To help ensure you pass the test, be aware that DOT regulations prohibit the following behaviors from safety-sensitive employees:
- Possessing or taking drugs or alcohol while on the job.
- Reporting for work or remaining on duty while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Consuming alcohol within four hours of a shift (eight hours for flight crew members and flight attendants).
- Taking any controlled substances unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Refusing to submit to a DOT drug test.
Be aware that your employer may require you to take a DOT drug test in South Plainfield at various times during your employment. The most common examples include:
- Pre-employment before you are hired.
- Cases of reasonable suspicion, meaning a supervisor believes you are under the influence.
- Random and unannounced testing.
- After being involved in an accident.
- Returning to duty following a previous violation.
- Follow-up testing up to five years following a violation.
To schedule a DOT drug test in South Plainfield, please contact Astrahealth today.